Friday, May 27, 2005

One More Monday..........

After two days of legitimate sleep, there comes the cruel monday morning. And same old routine starts all over again, controlled by a mesmerizing term called "Corporate Life". Just few months back I was controlling.This is probably the most killing difference between college life and corporate life. Your life becomes packaged. Throughout the week you wait for the weekends. After every four weekends you wait for the day when your bank account becomes a bit healthier. And then whole month goes in the realization.."Nothing is immortal, not even your bank account". And this goes on and on and on........ Want some thrill in your life???? All the best. One of my friends was complaining about his boring and monotonous corporate life. These days he is enjoying(???) a thrilling life and and exploring new ventures. Actually he has fallen prey to another horrifying corporate buzzword "Right-Sizing". He is meeting new job consultants everyday. Once in a while, consultants arrange an interview for him to keep things interesting. And interviewers make sure he does not get back to same old boring life.Some one has rightly said "But be careful what you wish for. You might actually get it."Whenever one gets fed up with this boring life, memory goes back to college days. I do not agree that life at college is extremely thrilling. If it is, my personal experience says, your arse is on fire. But it’s not monotonous and you know it has a definite end (you can extend it, but that needs talent))). College life is like 'ek chidiya anek chidiya' video....sweet, short and always memorable. Corporate life is like Subhash Ghai's recent flicks especially 'Kisna'. I spent more time looking at my watch then looking at the screen.Corporate life is like Glen McGrath is bowling to you. You know where he is going to pitch, what line he is going to bowl although there may be an occasional bouncer or yorker. Everything is so predictable yet it’s extremely difficult to score off. And McGrath can bowl in loooooong spells.College life is like Shohaib Akhtar bowling to you. It’s going to be fast but with a bit of courage and luck, you can definitely score. Wayward most of the times, occasionally unplayable. And he does not bowl in long spell.What crap?? Its human nature, think about your past, dream about your future and do not give a shit to your present. My present says its time to go home.......so I have started dreaming about my future.....home sweet home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm..Corporate Right Sizing. Lets talk about the corporate logic of 65 %. 65 % of the industry salary ( thats makes my jaundice prone bank account get a new breath of life). Then 65 % of the required man force, 65 % of the people actually working and I hope the retirement age is also 65.

I really wonder what made me jump at this dream job. Heroically I am in the Limca Book of Records for being the lowest paid IIT-IIM in the world. Thats a feat which needs special talent ;) And above that I pay the taxes too. So much for the pot holes that I experience every day. For Christ's sake today I almost flew out of the window of the bus.

Vibhash meri duaayein tere saath hain. Sangharsh mein ek dost hi doosre ke kaam aata hai.