Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I Regret!!!

“Regret is an intelligent (and/or emotional) dislike for personal past acts and behaviors. Regret is often felt when someone feels sadness, shame, or guilt after committing an action or actions that the person later wishes that he or she had not done.”

That is what wikipedia has to say about the word regret. It’s a well known and recognized site hence the definition has to be true. Although, like all other claimants of optimism, I claim to have none but nothing is perfect so is my optimism. I have had a few

I have never got a promotion from any of my employers.

- May be because I have never given them a chance. My 3 stints have been 20 months, 9 months and 19 months long. I had put my papers even before they could realize my worth. Not sure if their realization was at snail’s place or my worth was shining at a lower light. I hope for my current employer to read this post.

I have never been able to negotiate on my salary front with HR.

- Somehow HR guys always convince me that they are offering me an amount which is more than my worth and I would be overpaid. What they have never known is that I know the art of being under worked also.

Even though I claim to be an ardent cricket fan, I have never seen a cricket match in a cricket stadium.

- Only time I was/have bought a ticket was when I was 9 years old. After reaching the stadium with my dad and his friends, we realized that the ticket we bought was a fake one and valid ticket holders had already filled the stadium over and above its capacity. My curses worked and India was bundled for 96 while chasing a target of 196 against spineless SL. Only consolation was, news papers reporting our tickets as the valid tickets on the very next day.

I have never climbed the stairs of a stage to take any kind of an award.

- I have been a pathetic scholar. In fact some of my engineering batch mates would strongly object for using the word “Scholar” in the previous sentence. For them, pathetic is enough. Only time I was called upon to a stage with some respect was during my convocation when we were awarded the proof of successful completion of our studies – the degrees.

I have always been the first one to leave a party after the drinks started.

- I have a terrible capacity to drink and been always the first one to get drunk. But then, its cheap when you are not sharing the entire bill equally else you help others being a little over budget and not get under drunk.

And there have been a few more which either I am not able to recall or not courageous to post here.

11 comments:

Dreamer said...

I will add one:

1. I have nvr seen someone who farts more than you.

Felomina said...

Buddy, I feel first time u r citing the facts, atleast in the last line...still the attitude.....alas!keep the lamp burning.....

Felomina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vibhash Prakash Awasthi said...

dreamer....farting is an art. i could be heard or smelt, surely u cnt see sm1 farting...english grammer, as always, defies logic sometimes.

Saumyajit said...

you have not been able to apologise for your fart, someone else has done it for you

Spiff said...

Chajju rox....

Spiff said...

Also i think you should regret the fact that you have so many things to b regretful about, and so many frens hu ll remind u of the same

Saumyajit said...

which adds one more thing to regret about...it is a loop really

Spiff said...

I dont think so..its a concentric circle

the framnework rather

Uptown Girl said...

Life without regret is a waste! Keep it up! :P

Dreamer said...

@ spiff......its a vicious cycle rather than concentric circles..if u understand wht i mean.....u apologize and regret for ur apology and again apologize for your regret for the apology and so on.....