Tuesday, December 18, 2007

S(h)[t]ock Market

God is not unfair. He blesses everyone with something if not everything. Debt and poverty have been my blessings. Booming economy and self proclaim stock market experts suggested me to buy some instant wealth creators. After waiting for a month or so, my tiny portfolio resulted in 2-3% of profits and I deeply regretted of my life not being a tale of financial extrapolations. That would have made me the king. To add to that, I regretted of life being a sorry affair of missed opportunities. It all encouraged me to invest more. The time I did so, the rocket seems to have got leakage in its fuel tank. Now life has become a saga of banking on mistaken opportunities.

The best part is, it’s a real funny game where everyone seems to earn by making it look serious. Some of the traits I have learnt

  • If you buy just before the market booms - You anticipated it, did the technical analysis, looked at the FIIs flowing in and sensed the mood of FED, GOI, Bush, Osama etc.
  • If you buy and market crashes – Common man, you are a long term investor and know a few golden and “only” rules like you earn more by holding rather than selling or in long run, every economy attains it maximum potential.
  • If you sell just before the market booms – The market is a bit too volatile to risk your hard earned money.
  • If you sell just before the market crashes - You anticipated it, did the technical analysis, looked at the FIIs flowing in and sensed the mood of FED, GOI, Bush, Osama etc.
  • Everyone is an expert and dying to give some gyaan even on the slight hint of being asked. If hits, “I told you” and if it hits back, “Everyone goes wrong, mate”

All in all, it’s more like a reverse sweep for me. All look good only when it comes off. For all those self proclaimed experts, one of my friends put it precisely – “Kitchen tabhi tak accha lagta hai jab tak cooker na fate. Jis din cooker fat gaya, jindagi bhar pateele mein chhawal ubaal ke khaoge”.

5 comments:

Spiff said...

When village idiots come to roost..its time to desert the city. :D

Dreamer said...

Seeing your portfolio, I sense that some ppl's opinion are blindly taken in high regard just becoz they claim to know everything......hope sanity prevails over ur foolhardiness in future....happy trading

Dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sachin Gulhane said...

it's too early but you are sounding like "self proclaimed expert" -
-:)

Felomina said...

mujhe bhi kuch paisa invest karna hein stocks mein.. hope u accept to b the mentor... :D