Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Out-Googling!!!

Google news is my favourite time pass at work. Being an accumulator of different news items, it gives the magnitude of space a particular item covers in the news world. If we go the other way round meaning instead of reading entire news collection, search for a particular type of news, it might well spell out the sentiment. May I am not clear in explaining the theory or may be the theory itself is wrong, why don’t you just read on? Few results on my different search strings on google news....

 

Economic Recession - Results 1 - 10 of about 152,941 for economic recession. (0.50 seconds)

Economic Boom - Results 1 - 10 of about 16,696 for economic boom. (0.27 seconds)

 

Obviously the economic boom is fast becoming something not heard off. The silver lining in the dark cloud of recession – google did not say when I entered the term economic boom – Did you mean: Economic recession?

 

Economic Boom in India - Results 1 - 10 of about 812 for economic boom in india. (0.24 seconds)

Economic slowdown - Results 1 - 10 of about 6,570 for economic slowdown in india. (0.23 seconds)

 

Definitely the sentiment is not very positive in India too. I searched for economic recession and not slowdown because finance minister had assured that we are actually facing a slowdown, not recession . But then I searched for


Economic Recession - Results 1 - 10 of about 11,435 for economic recession in india. (0.32 seconds) 

 

May be we are getting there fast.

 

Economy fear - Results 1 - 10 of about 25,664 for economy fear. (0.52 seconds)

Terrorism Fear - Results 1 - 10 of about 4,164 for terrorism fear. (0.22 seconds)

 

May be fear of starvation is much more than what LeTs and Al-quaidas have on offer. Or may be it’s about the target segment of the news coverage.

 

Economy death – Results 1 - 10 of about 10,490 for economy death. (0.24 seconds)

Terrorism Death - Results 1 - 10 of about 5,011 for terrorism death. (0.16 seconds)

 

Not sure which is more deadly?

 

One a different note, I heard an interesting term being used by one of very esteemed ex cricketer who is blessing the commetator’s box these days – “In T20, every one is trying to outthink everyone or to be more precise outguess everyone”

 

What would the same commentator might have said when he was allowed to take his newly born baby to home – My baby has come out-ward today.

 

How will he support left parties like CPM against BJP – CPM will out-right BJP in coming elections.

 

What he might have said to a crying Vinod Kambli in WC1996 semi final when he started crying – Match is abandoned and Kambli is out-crying.

 

I guess it is enough of out-writing for me. Time for a few disclaimers -

 

ü  Data courtesy google news. It may differ at different times.

ü  I did not take the commentator’s name.

ü  As per my knowledge and understanding, CPM is a leftist party which may not be standing with BJP in coming   elections. They may out-guess me in fact they have all the rights in the world to make me feel as if I am left outguessed.

ü  Vinod Kambli did cry in 1996 WC semi final.


Hence please do not sue me like this. Coincidently my search string of “NDTV sue blogger” returned “Your search - ndtv sue blogger - did not match any documents.” 

1 comment:

Spiff said...

What did the batsman say to the bowler
Not out