Thursday, June 09, 2011

Office humor – Part 4

Hitler –

We were having lunch in office – 5 or 6 of us. We were also blessed with the presence of MPWala guy on the lunch table.

Suddenly he shouted to someone “Arey, Hitler. Divide & rule”

I was perplexed. Hence I asked “Dude, what is the link between Hitler and Divide & Rule?”

“Don’t you know? Hitler was known for his Divide & Rule policy.”

“Was he?” I wondered.

“No no. It was king of Portugal who was famous for it” another guy winked towards me while saying so.

“Yeah it was Napoleon” I said.

“Oh it was Napoleon? May be it was him. My knowledge of history is weak” MPwala guy said apologetically.



Roti -

We were again having our lunch. My female colleague, who is a regular member of our lunch group, came to the lunch table and said “My dabba has not come today so I will be going out. Will you accompany me?”

I nodded.

MPwala guy offered his lunch to her saying “You can have my lunch”

She politely refused saying “No. If I eat your lunch, what will you do?”

MPwala guy showed his unbeatable presence of mind and chivalry - he immediately put his left hand in the pocket of his shirt, took out a bundle of Rotis and offered it to her “No. Please have this”

I  fell down from my chair.

2 comments:

Spiff said...

This is something that we have all experienced

Alpachra said...

can you give the link to this blog to your MPwala....I want to see his comments....